Dealer groups and solution providers have formed a BOSS special interest group to support their collective members.
UK dealer groups Advantia, Integra Business Solutions, Office Friendly, Nectere, NEMO Office Club and Superstat as well as dealer solutions provider Office Power have joined with the BOSS Federation to form the group. It aims to highlight issues that affect dealers and provide a conduit where such issues can be fed back to the wider business supplies industry or taken to government.
The group’s other intentions are as follows:
- Identify issues that need raising through the appropriate government channels and assist BOSS in procuring evidence and lobbying on dealers’ behalf
- Feedback into the trade issues affecting dealers or identify opportunities available to them
- Be alert to moral issues affecting dealers, including sharp or underhand practices, illegal or immoral activities and be a whistleblower on such practices
- Provide collaboration and communication opportunities to benchmark and compare information and knowledge
- Help to produce positive PR for the industry so that staff recruitment is easier for dealers
Furthermore, the group elected Integra CEO Aiden McDonough as its Chair at the first meeting on 1 June.
“Many of our members share the same issues. The BOSS Federation is perfectly positioned to facilitate a forum where we as groups can come together and ensure collectively our members are being represented to the wider industry and at a government level,” McDonough said.