At a recent ceremony at Stationers’ Hall, Master of the Stationers’ Company Moira Sleight signed the Company’s Diversity Pledge.
The Company set up a Diversity Working Group in 2021 to establish a profile of members in terms of ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age and religion. This forms the base against which the results of the Company’s endeavours to improve the diversity of its membership are measured.
The Diversity Pledge commits to the following actions:
- attract new members of all backgrounds from within its industries
- ensure that members of all backgrounds are encouraged to participate fully in the life of the Company
- consider the balance of speakers and contributors at all events
- make wide use of technology to enable access to events for those not able to attend in person
- consider the language and imagery used, aiming to ensure that members of all backgrounds feel included and represented
- monitor progress on diversity and inclusion on an annual basis